Coordinator: Maurizio Ricci
This section collects, shares and coordinates solutions and experiences, in asset management processes towards the continuous search for efficiency and sustainability, of 4.0 enabling technologies, and Smart Factory components (Smart Production, Smart Service, Smart Energy).
4.0 Enabling Technologies impacting asset management:
- Advanced manufacturing solutions, interconnected collaborative systems and robots
- Augmented reality to support processes
- Simulation: between interlinked machines to optimize processes
- Horizontal/Vertical integration: integration of data and interoperability along the entire value chain
- Industrial Internet of Things: multidirectional communication between processes and products
- Cloud Computing: data management on open and distributed systems
- Cybersecurity: security during network operations and open systems
- Big Data & Analytics: Cognitive Computing – analysis of large databases, Artificial Intelligence, to optimize products and processes.
With the current I5.0, the Smart concept evolves towards a Collaborative vision in a business model that sees the ever more lively collaboration between man and machine, and in this scenario asset management, which has always been a Human activity Intensive, is fully completed.
The above has a decisive impact, directly and indirectly, in the various areas of Industry, Transport and Logistics, Infrastructure and Construction, and on all aspects concerning the world of asset management: from Service/servitization to Security to remote management and reliability (diagnostics/prognostics) of systems, supply chains, digitization in general and, finally, to the growth and training of resources, without which innovation efforts are in vain.
See the Maintenance 4.0 Conferences